(Random stuff, some of which works)
Little hosting utilities - things I've written that have proved useful in a shared hosting environment:
- fileactivity: little utility that shows the number of lines per minute added to a log file
- fdeobfuscate.php: a stupid deobfuscator for simple PHP obfuscation.
These programs run, or don't on Linux systems. If you want to do something like this, and you're not using Linux, you'll have to do it some other way. If this page is still in development, some of this may be semi-vapourware (dropletware?) which you can mail me about.
pgp-relay: mail received by this procmail filter is
forwarded as an pgp encrpyted attachment to another address. If you have
PGP/GPG and your correspondents don't, you can encode the mail towards yourself
on your server, and then send to your untrusted account (e.g. free webmail, or
your monitored work account).
These are the not-entirely useless projects from my time at Leading Edge (the ones omitted simply don't work).
- dddns: fail-safe dynamic DNS mechanism for incoming mail to your dynamic IP address.
- squint: squid web log analyser which determines the amount of eyeball time spent on the web
- squish: squid web log analyser for enforcing usage quotas, in terms of time and bandwidth
- DisclaimerMilter: sendmail milter to add an annoying disclaimer to outgoing mail. Derived from cvgfilter.
- lostamd5found - find out where a lost+found file came from so that it can be sent back.
- fakepop - fakepop is a fake POP3 server which insists that you have no mail. There's also a transparent proxy redirector in the package, if you want to insist that nobody outside your network has mail (which was the unfulfilled intention).
- mailspy - sendmail libmilter filter to log message subject lines and names of attached files (Licence GPL). It generates browsable log summaries. This could be the end of privacy as you know it, and a great boost to PGP. There is an example report for your perusal.
- bitedit - Ncurses editor for bitmap files (Licence GPL).
- ciscopwreset - automates the recovery of the cisco 1600 enable password (Licence GPL).